Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A few words about technology...

Yeah, it's not going to be a FEW words. (Best way to ensure that no one reads it!) I have an interesting relationship with technology. I suppose the best way to explain it is that it doesn't occur to me how I can use it efficiently.

Now, I'm not totally lame. I use a lot more technology than a lot of people my own age (but not as much as most of the people just a few years younger than me - Michele Gorman informed us at MLA that there is a "cutoff age," and as I am well above it, I consider myself to be doing pretty well for myself, because apparently, technology-wise, 33 might as well be 83!)

I make lists - on paper.

I don't carry my cell phone on my actual person - just in my purse. And, no, I don't do anything with it besides call or text people with it. Okay, I take some photos, but I hate the camera on there (it sucks), so mostly I don't. Some people might want to be wired all the time, but I don't. If I can avoid checking my e-mail after 5pm, trust me, I'm going to avoid it.

No comments: